Latin for the New Millennium Level 2, 2nd Edition Student Textbook
Milena Minkova and Terence Tunberg
616 pages (2017) Hardbound ISBN: 978-0-86516-811-4
The Second Edition includes a list of English derivatives for the Vocabulary to Learn of each chapter (and a new exercise in the workbook) as well as an additional six new exercises that provide laddering and reinforcement as suggested by teachers using Latin for the New Millennium. The Second Edition also includes corrections and minor changes to macrons and illustrations. For more information on this text, click the product page link below.
- fusion of the best of the reading approach and the grammar-translation approach
- one Latin passage in each chapter that is adapted from Latin literature
- each chapter contains an unadapted selection of classical Latin from Nepos’s Life of Atticus
- text ends with ten additional unadapted selections from the Life of Atticus for students’ transition to authors courses
- Nepos selections accompanied by facing notes and vocabulary
- clear, concise grammatical explanations that flow from the Latin readings
- abundant exercises, both Latin to English and English to Latin
- Latin Talking About a Reading section in each chapter featuring contemporary conversation topics such as “The Joys of Life”
- variety of aural/oral exercises (in Teacher's Manual)
- literary vocabulary geared to upper level literature and AP® Latin syllabi
- review unit for every three chapters
- derivative and proverb studies
- background essays on the daily life and culture of post-ancient world to complement the authentic Latin readings
- essays on the heroes of classical mythology
- essays connecting the ancient, post-ancient, and modern worlds written by university scholars
- plentiful full-color illustrations, many of which are reproductions of great works of art
- three maps custom-made for Latin for the New Millennium
- student-friendly Study Tips, By the Ways, and Take Notes
- timelines of historical and literary events
Visit www.BOLCHAZY.com for complete information about Latin for the New Millennium Level 2, 2nd Edition Student Textbook.
For information on ordering and adoptions, contact our business manager, David Fiedelman.
©2017 Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers. All Rights Reserved. These documents are for Texas Proclamation 2017 review and not for distribution.
AP® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this site.